When is the right time to change your mattress? And how can you choose from the many different types available on the market?
Today we want to direct you towards the best choice.
Is it time to change your mattress?
The average lifespan of a mattress is about 8 years, but this is not always the case: some mattresses can last well beyond this timeframe.
Your body is the perfect judge: if you constantly wake up with aching joints, if you don’t rest well and if you notice strange dips on your mattress, it’s definitely time to change it!
Which is the best mattress for me?
If you have the chance to purchase a mattress directly from a retailer, try it out: lie down, try the various positions you usually take during the night and don’t forget to take your partner if you have to buy a double-sized mattress!
But if you purchase your mattress online, consider a few factors:
- At the time of purchase you will have to be able to choose among different possibilities of stiffness which will increase or decrease depending on your weight.
- Spring mattresses must have differentiated bearing areas in order to provide modulated support depending on the area of the body to be supported.
- Memory foam mattresses have the advantage of molding themselves directly on your body thanks to their ability to “feel” body warmth, thus becoming extremely welcoming.
- Latex mattresses are best suited for position changes during the night because, unlike memory foam mattresses, they have a more elastic response.
- The choice of a mattress is closely linked to the choice of a bed base: in fact, don’t forget that also the quality and structure of a bed base is essential to obtain a quality bed system.
Make the right choice!
If you are still in doubt about the best solution, browse our online catalogue to find out which is the perfect mattress for you!