An old adage says: “Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper”. The best advice ever!
Actually, a balanced and not too heavy dinner doesn’t mean eating little or nothing at all. Find out in this article what is the ideal dinner for a night’s sleep like a king!
3 helpful tips for a better rest
Before having a look at what are the best foods to eat for dinner, we have to immediately clarify that:
- You should keep regular hours as much as possible, both when you go to sleep and when you have your meals.
- Eat at least 3/4 hours before bed time.
- Avoid caffeine in the early afternoon, in fact you should have your last coffee of the day right after lunch.
Which foods should be avoided and which ones should be chosen?
Melatonin, lycopene, vitamin B, potassium, magnesium and tryptophan are some of substances that compared to others, will help you sleep better. Where can you find them? In dried fruit, plain yogurt, vegetables such as carrots, tomatoes, broccoli and asparagus, and finally in white meat and fish.
While spicy foods, caffeine, red meat and alcohol must be absolutely avoided at dinner!
The ideal dinner!
Once the best and worst foods have been recognized, preparing a perfect meal for your healthy sleep won’t be too difficult:
- a good plate of legumes in broth (possibly not prepared with bouillon cubes) served with vegetables like spinach, cabbage or pumpkin;
- a serving of fish with either pan roasted or baked potatoes (preferably with its peel which is rich in vitamin B) and a lettuce salad;
- also white meat or eggs can be eaten in the evening, but only if they are cooked with little fats and no chili pepper;
- to end your meal you can have a fruit. Bananas, for example, have plenty of magnesium and potassium which make them the perfect choice!
A light dinner for your night as a king!
Carefully choose what foods to put in your dish tonight, don’t eat too late and then enjoy a truly restoring night’s rest!