Autumn is here, the days are getting shorter and the weather is changing. All these transformations can affect our mood and habits.
We often feel more tired, sometimes anxious or sad. This could mean SAD. We’re not talking about “sadness”, but of “Seasonal Affective Disorder”, a sort of meteoropathic syndrome identified for the first time by Dr E.Rosenthal back in 1984.
If you are suffering from some problems connected to the seasonal change, don’t miss this article! Autumn could become your favorite season!
SAD: “Seasonal Affective Disorder” - What are the symptoms?
When we talk about a Seasonal Affective Disorder, as explained in “Diagnostic and Statistical manual of Mental Disorder” that places SAD among mood disorders, we mean a kind of depression that appears in certain times of the year, specifically during Winter months between October and March.
Among the most common symptoms:
- Negative Mood.
- Drop of interest in daily occupations .
- Appetite lack.
- Lack of energy.
- Concentration difficulties.
Fight the “autumn mood” With these 5 simple tips!
- Take more vitamin D: use a supplement or naturally increase the production of this vitamin, exposing yourself to sunlight.
- Regularly exercise.
- Integrate your diet with more proteins and less carbs: eat lots of vegetables and fruits, which are rich in beta-carotene.
- Expose your body as much as possible to light, even if it’s artificial; the decrease of sunlight exposure during the Winter season can alter our circadian rhythm and therefore the sleep-awake cycle!
- Regulate your habits, especially during the evening, go to sleep and get up at the same time, in this way you help your body to the new season.
And at night…
Sleep on a bed system designed for your needs and your physical features. Try to follow our 5 tips, and you’ll be able to improve your sleep. Your body and your mood will be positively affected, too.
Do not forget that a good sleep is cause-and-effect of an healthy life style.
Stop being sad!
Love the Autumn! Search now the mattress retailer closest to you and start from tonight to improve your sleep and your mood thanks to a high quality mattress, pillow and bed base!