Scientific researches have shown that waking up early in the morning brings plenty of benefits to our body: metabolism is activated sooner, there are fewer disorders related to insomnia, you feel happier and, above all, you have more time and energy!
However, getting up early in the morning isn’t always that easy, so here are 10 simple and effective tips to learn how to wake up early in the morning!
Don’t forget the basics!
In order to learn how to wake up earlier in the morning you first have to follow some ”basic” rules you may already know:
- Place your alarm clock far away from the bed.
- Never use the "snooze" button.
- Synchronize your internal clock by going to sleep always at the same time.
- Let light into the room as soon as you wake up.
Then help yourself with some extra advice and waking up early in the morning will become easier!
- Find the right motivation: there’s no need to wake up early in the morning if you don’t know what to do with the extra time! Changing habits isn’t easy so you need the right strong motivation: complete business projects, improve your physical condition, have more time for your loved ones, study to acquire a new language or run for a master’s degree... What’s your motivation?
- Schedule something pleasant to do in the morning as soon as you get out of bed, a super-tasty breakfast, a stroll outdoors, read an article from your favorite magazine or blog.
- Find an exciting activity to do also at weekends: if you want to learn how to wake up early in the morning you’ll have to do it not only during the week but also on weekends. This is why finding a pleasant activity to carry out also during the weekend is useful for finding the right motivation allowing you to get up early on Sunday morning! But no work! Just fun!
- Plan your morning in detail: shower in the evening or the morning? What can I wear? Should I first have breakfast or read the news? In short, the more detailed you’ll be in defining the various moments of your morning, the more you’ll be able to optimize the extra time!
- Leave the house as early as possible! Especially at the beginning, even if you succeed in getting up early, that unpleasant feeling of drowsiness won’t give up: there’s only one solution, leave the house! All it takes is a few steps outdoors as sunlight and fresh air will do the rest!
- Ever thought of bringing a cat home? You’ll just have to feed the kitty at 6 for a couple of mornings and on the third day, he’ll be as regular as a clockwork! :-) No alarm clock is better than a starving cat in the morning!