We all know the problems associated to the jet lag, an annoying sleep disorder that strikes us when we change time zone.
A quality rest has a great impact on our lifestyle and well-being. It’s therefore important having proper sleeping habits, but what can we do when our “internal clock” seems to be synchronized with a wrong time zone?
Do You Feel Always In the “Wrong Time Zone”?
When we talk about Social Jet-Lag mean a sort of error in our “inner zone”: To make you better understand, answer these 3 simple questions:
- Are you most active during the afternoon?
- Are you inclined to go to bed late at night?
- Do you wake up tired and unwillingly in the morning?
If the answer to all this 3 questions is yes, then probably you may suffer from Social Jet Lag disorder!
Why Our Internal Clock Is Wrong?
In most cases, this “jet-lag” is wrong due to bad habits that over the months, and then the years, become the norm: Staying up late due to an exam or deadlines at work, etc…
A Proper Operation
A person with a well set circadian rhythm should have its peaks of energy during the morning around 10 am. Then this energy goes down during the early afternoon, and at last goes up a bit around 6 pm.
After dinner, the energy decreases again because our body is getting ready to sleep.
Set Your Time! 5 Simple Tips
Who among us would not want to wake up in the morning full of energy? Try to “reset” your clock and your sleep-wake rhythm!
If you want to sleep well, after years of bad habits, try to follow these 5 tips:
- Set your alarm everyday at the same time to help your body to get the right rhythm.
- During the evening help yourself to fall asleep easily: Herbal tea, a warm bath, stretching or relaxing exercises (we suggest you this article Sleep Happy & Get Rid of Your Stress:3 Simple Yoga Exercises! in our blog).
- Make your room as darker as possible and remove any electronics devices.
- Avoid caffein from 5-6 hours before going to sleep.
- Sleep on a quality bed system suited to your physical characteristics: A mattress, a pillow, and a bed-base, are essential for your healthy rest.
It’s Time To Sleep Well!
Find out now the specialized mattress retailer closest to you, catch the best bed system for you and improve your life starting from your sleep!